UnitedHealthcare: Valley Series
Valley Series suite of products are affordable three-tiered health plans that offer comprehensive disease management and wellness programs from UnitedHealthcare and Valley Preferred. When accessing the tier one option of a Valley Series plan, employees have lower overall out-of-pocket expenses. TIER 1 includes 33 of the region’s hospitals and more than 3,000 physicians and health care professionals, featuring Valley Preferred; employees have lower-out-of-pocket expenses. TIER 2 offers employees care within UnitedHealthcare's national network. TIER 3 is out-of-network.
For Valley Series Members
Wellness and Disease Management Programs Available to Valley Series Members
What Makes Your Valley Series Coverage Unique?
You and your family can participate in many free wellness and disease management programs through Valley Series, a collaborative effort created by UnitedHealthcare and Valley Preferred. These programs include:
- Online Tools (web sites such as myuhc.com and liveandworkwell.com) Help members take charge of their benefits and get valuable health information.
- NurseLineSM Services Provide round-the-clock, toll-free telephone service to registered nurses who provide guidance and support for members’ health concerns.
- Asthma Disease Management Program Helps members manage their conditions, avoid triggers for asthma attacks and reduce emergency room visits and hospitalizations.
- Diabetes Disease Management Program Helps members manage blood glucose levels, avoid risk factors and prevent the progression of diabetes-related conditions.
- High Blood Pressure Disease Management Program Educates members on the importance of understanding high blood pressure, treatments and prescribed medications.
- Vascular Disease Management Program (Coronary Artery Disease, Stroke, High Cholesterol) Helps members take care of their heart or blood vessels to prevent heart attacks, stroke and hospitalizations for other conditions related to high cholesterol.
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Disease Management Program Helps members prevent the worsening of heart failure. It teaches members to recognize changes in their symptoms, so they can seek immediate treatment and avoid hospitalization.
As a Valley Series member, your benefits include Valley Preferred’s performance promise of Care Beyond the Coverage.
To learn more about the wellness and disease management programs available to you as a Valley Series member, call Valley Preferred at 610-969-0417 or 1-866-293-5452.