Learn the 5 basic criteria needed for a company wellness plan.
While any worksite wellness program is better than none, true commitment to employee
health is guided by the Healthy People criteria for comprehensive wellness programs,
developed by the national Centers for Disease Control. How many of the following five basic
criteria does your company’s wellness plan include?
- Health Education: Regularly issued information, online health tools and resources, speakers, health fairs and other employee events.
- Supportive Social and Physical Environments: Examples include a formal policy supporting employee health, healthy snacks and meals in the lunchroom, smoke-free air, promotion of stair use or walking paths, supportive co-workers to help build the company’s culture of wellness.
- Integration of the Worksite Program through goal-focused Wellness Committees and regular surveys to track progress.
- Linkage to specialized health resources like disease management and employee assistance programs, or community resources.
- Screening Programs for blood pressure, body fat (BMI) and cholesterol/glucose levels.
If your current program includes all criteria, Congratulations! If not, consider optimizing
your investment in employee health with BeneFIT, Valley Preferred’s comprehensive
employee wellness solutions.
For more information about worksite wellness programs, contact Valley Preferred at 610-969-0486, 1-800-955-6620 or email@example.com.
Healthy People 2010, Healthy People 2020, Health Workforce 2010 and