Valley Preferred Spirit of Courage
VALLEY PREFERRED SPIRIT OF COURAGE:
Emotional stories of fire rescues, a celebration of local heroes
Virtual 2020 special event Monday, Dec. 14, 7-7:30 p.m.
The 2020 Valley Preferred Spirit of Courage moved to a virtual format this year, in partnership with WFMZ and its expert event presentation team. In this 30-minute holiday recap, we'll be honoring the Spirit of Courage award winners and, via video, will hear their dramatic stories of courage and rescue. This special event also features:
- New award to recognize essential workers
- Brief welcome by Brian Leader, Vice President for Orthopedics, Neurosciences, and the Institute for Surgical Excellence, Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Congratulatory messages to award recipients (from sponsors, colleagues, friends, family, and nominators)
- Recognition of first responders involved with Heather Glen Senior Living fire in Allentown
- Sponsor recognition through on-screen acknowledgement, congratulatory messages, the Burn Prevention Network website, and virtual program book (downloadable)
Learn about sponsoring Spirit of Courage here.
Attend the event here.
Event donations can be made through https://bit.ly/bootburn
ABOUT VALLEY PREFERRED SPIRIT OF COURAGE:
Valley Preferred, the Burn Prevention Network, and Lehigh Valley Health Network's Regional Burn Center launched the Valley Preferred Spirit of Courage Award Program in 2005. The idea is to honor people in eastern and northeastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey who have risked their lives to save others from a burn or death by fire. The program also recognizes individuals and groups who have done an outstanding job promoting fire safety or burn prevention education. This year, we'll also be honoring an Essential Worker, who showed courage and resilience during COVID-19.
2020 Spirit of Courage Award Winners
2019 Spirit of Courage Award Winner Videos